During the 1st World War, the allied forces occupied the caves, where
some graffiti account for the presence of soldiers at the time, mainly
In the course of the 2nd World War, as soon as 1939,
The British stocked fuel reserves in there. In 1941, the Germans
turned the hiding places into ammunition dumps ; there they lived
and even set up their headquarters from 1942 to 1944.